William Ury, co-founder of Harvard’s Program on Negotiation, is one of the world’s best-known practitioners of negotiation and mediation. William is co-author of Getting to Yes, a fifteen-million-copy bestseller translated into over thirty-five languages, and most recently author of the award-winning Getting to Yes with Yourself.
He addresses the question of “What Could Possibly Go Right?” with thoughts including:
- That anger is a fuel essential for change, but the key is in whether it is deployed constructively or destructively.
- That there's a third side that unites us in conflicts.
- That zooming out and changing your perspective to the "balcony" can rechannel your energy.
- That there are three transformations needed to reframe and address conflict.
- The working through of a live example of these mediation techniques with Vicki.
Connect with William Ury
Learn More: https://bit.ly/wcpgr-resSupport the show